BROWNING ANDOVER MATCH GROUP



Wednesday 21 September 2011

Blog Catch Up. Part 1.

Time for a blog catch up, have been very busy with work since coming back from my White Acres holiday, ( some time ago now I know) and have had a few problems! ( Which I won't go into! ) But I have managed a few outings, individually and with the team. First off was the first of the Challis spring series, at one of my favourite venues, Dandy's Ford Lakes. I had to come back from Cornwall to get a decent draw, peg 17 on Calvert's lake, all on it's own in a corner, I never blew my end peg, and won the match catching 83lb 4oz using meat in the margins at 7m, plus catching a few across at 13m, a good start to the series and a pick up, which always helps!

Peg 17 on Calvert's Lake.

Next up was the second round at Viaduct Fishery in Somerset, Campbell lake was the venue, another favourite of mine, in the draw bag and I pulled out peg 110, another end peg with lots of room, my drawing hand was definitely making up for the poor draws I had in Cornwall! The favoured pegs though are usually those in the middle of the lake, but with the weather nice and warm I was sure there was a few fish to be had. I soaked a load of 6mm pellets, and put this through a cage feeder, with double hair rigged meat as a hook bait. This was my main attack whilst feeding the margins. A steady run of fish on my feeder approach throughout the day, plus a couple very late in the margins resulted in another lake win with 106lb 13oz. A very enjoyable day plus a pick up, and another good result for the series, it was all going too well!

Viaduct's Campbell Lake, Lovely! With peg 110 nearest.

Next up was the 3rd round at Orchard's match lake, the weather was still lovely and with 2 series wins under my belt I was looking forward to it. I put my now "lucky" hand into the bag and pulled out peg 30, another end peg! One of the favoured pegs on this venue, as it normally wins! After some moans and groans from my fellow anglers, ( good job I have broad shoulders!) I set myself up in "the corner". The peg was alive with fish, although most seemed to be spawning, which I hoped wouldn't affect the fishing. Wrong! I ended up having a very frustrating day, foul hooking so many fish it was unbelievable! It didn't seem to matter what I did, to cut a long story short I cocked up an end peg flier, weighing in 87lb 04oz, which is nothing for that peg when they are feeding properly, for 5th in section, I told you it was all going to well!

Orchard's Peg 30, "The Flier!"

Next up was an open on the newly revamped Charlie's Lake in Andover, it was my first look at the venue after the work had been done, first impressions were very good despite it looking a bit new. I picked out peg 15 out of the draw bag, and set up on one of the new platforms, with a couple of my Browning team mates for company on the adjoining pegs. Despite having a bit of trouble with a weed bed in front of me at 13m, I managed to catch 32lb 02oz, a mixture of small stockie carp and bream, caught using corn and expanders over micros. This gave me 3rd in section, and a very pleasant day on this revamped venue.

Charlie's Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment